I enjoyed Hurricane Sandy probably because the storm didn't hit my area that hard. The worst day of the storm was Monday, Oct. 11. I drove down to the beach on this day in the afternoon to see how stormy the coast was. Right as I stepped out of my car, an unexpected gust of wind struck my whole body. The wind blew cold rain into my face making it impossible to keep my eyes open. I tried to looked over The Wall in North Hampton, NH but couldn't keep my eyes open long enough to clearly see the roaring ocean. The high speed winds made run back into my car and check out more protected spots up the coast into Rye, NH. Once arriving to a rocky point in Rye, I hopped outside my car to no rain but still heavy wind. I could open my eyes and actually see the ocean clearly. The waves were very big at this point. Very dangerous waves crashed all along the rocky shore and far out into the abyss of ocean. It was very cool to see Hurricane Sandy on the New Hampshire coast. The conditions weren't too dangerous, which brought a lot of curious people to the coast to see the ocean. During my venture along the coast I saw a lot of people parked and outside their cars watching the ocean. An old guy ran out of his mini van, jumped up on the wall, and did some sort of yoga position balancing on one foot facing the gusting winds. He fell over right away, but got up with a smile.
Here is a picture my friend took of me with his Canon in the depths of Hurricane Sandy at Sawyer's in Rye. It looks like I am levitating.
 |
| Photo: Dan Crane Rye, NH |
No comments:
Post a Comment