Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tropical Storm Sandy



Tropical Storm Sandy
Being a surfer, I tend to check the weather a lot especially during hurricane season. This season has been pretty flat compared to other seasons that I can remember. I surfed Hurricane Rafael this week/weekend which wasn't the best. I can remember a couple years back when Hurricane Bill hit the east coast with the most amazing waves I have ever ridden. Yes I have been to famous breaks in Hawaii and California. Hurricane Bill was better. Now I search for more swells like this one. I found an article on tropicaltidbits.com where it told me about Tropical Storm Sandy that will be approaching the East Coast around next week. Weather sites predict that Sandy will be one of the strongest Autumn storms the east coast has ever seen. After reading this blurb about Sandy I went to check the surf forecast site I knew that gave the swell prediction a week ahead. The swell height radically bumps up on Sunday October, 28. These waves aren't that big, until I see the last day the forecast predicts which is Wednesday, October 31 where the swell height and conditions look unbelievable. Thank you Sandy! This Halloween could be epic! I hope Sandy follows the path they predict. Right now Sandy is in the Caribbean where originally formed. Sandy will continue to move northeastward out to sea, moving up the East Coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment